How do you know whether a plugin runs natively or via Rosetta 2?

alexe

Two questions:

If you run Logic Pro on an Apple Silicon Mac, then

1. How do you know whether a given plugin you load is running natively or through Rosetta 2? I'm not asking how to find out whether or not a plugin generally provides an Apple Silicon binary, but how to find out whether it is currently running natively.

2. Is it true that if you have a single plugin in your components folder that does not support Apple Silicon natively, then any Logic Pro project runs entirely via Rosetta 2 (i.e. Logic Pro itself and any plugins used within the project)?

Edited by alexe

Two questions:

If you run Logic Pro on an Apple Silicon Mac, then

1. How do you know whether a given plugin you load runs natively or through Rosetta 2?

2. Is it true that if you have a single plugin in your components folder that does not support Apple Silicon natively, then any Logic Pro project runs entirely via Rosetta 2 (i.e. Logic Pro itself and any plugins used within the project)?

If the component is Universal as indicated by the lipo tool

lipo.png.7fae6fa7c9b8560cda807c55b4115ce4.png

The developer of the componet needs to put on the "About Box" an indication of the running instance of their componet by using the following API

sysctlbyname("sysctl.proc_translated"...