Extreme big, unworkable windows

Miranda

Hi,

When opening 'add audio file' an extreme big window opens on which I can't see a 'cancel' nor 'add' button. And....every time I try this in one session the window gets even bigger. This only appeared today, and the only changes on my laptop since yesterday is a Safari upgrade. I use Logic Pro 10.6.4 on a 2021 MacBook Pro system 11.6.

How to fix this?

thanks,

Miranda

@fisherking: yes I use custom resolution. Using the return key might be a good option for now. But yeah, I’d like to understand why this is happing because until yesterday everything was fine. And as I mentioned before the only change since then was the Safari update.

@fisherking: yes I use custom resolution. (...) I’d like to understand why this is happing because until yesterday everything was fine.

Did you recently update your version of macOS perhaps, even if it wasn't just yesterday? Is it possible you haven't used that dialog since? Perhaps a bug with custom display resolution and a specific version of macOS?

@fisherking: yes I use custom resolution. Using the return key might be a good option for now. But yeah, I’d like to understand why this is happing because until yesterday everything was fine. And as I mentioned before the only change since then was the Safari update.

i think that's it, the screen resolution (altho mine has always been expanded; this issue showed up for me late 2020). when i am at my mac, i'll try changing to the default, see if that changes it (am not going back to that, but just to test it); at least, in my NEXT feedback report, can mention it as a possible cause.

if you test this out, let us know if that fixes it. just good information....

FYI, it's not the screen resolution (not for me, anyway). i went from 'more space' to 'default', opened logic, went to import an audio file and... giant window.

i can move it, and (sadly) make it wider :mrgreen: , but not narrower. annoying, but have gotten used to hitting that return key for 'add' anyway. note that the escape key will serve as 'cancel'.

still, wonder why a few of us are experiencing this (ie, what's the common denominator??) hope apple sorts this out, someday.

• 2 months later...

I did some more testing.....

From the Project viewer, just hitting ^F or using "Add Audio File" and causing it to open the file dialog, then not doing anything but hitting ESC to cancel, each time the window continuously grows wider.

However, if I use Shift-Cmd-I to open the same dialog, it is initially at whatever width the previous dialog was, however I am able to resize it normally. Subsequent Shift-Cmd-I windows stay the same size.

But the moment I "Add Audio File" from the project browser, the window begins to grow each iteration. Very odd, and very annoying.