Automation Issue / Question

lazarus2707

Hi there,

I am having issues with moving automation with my regions. (To be clear, I have "always" selected in terms of "Move Track Automation with Regions.") I've included a couple of photos to show these issues. I'm on Logic X. Any help you be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance.

In the shot titled "repro pad_1," you can see a consistent line of volume automation. When I move the region to the right, however, the volume spikes to 0.0db partway through the region (see photo "repro pad_2"). I simply dragged the region to the right -- I didn't option-drag it. What might cause this?

In the "synth automation" shot, I am having the opposite problem, where when I do option-drag something, the exiting automation does not come along with the region. In the "synth automation" picture, I've tried option-dragging the region on the left to the right, but as you can see, the purple automation did not copy to the new region. (If you look closely, there is a yellow spike to 0.0db in the background on the clip on the right, which is consistent with what I described above). Why is this automation not copying?

Both of these examples are from the same project with the same settings, but I've had these issues in many of my Logic X projects. Thank again for the help! - Lars

repro pad_1.pdf

repro pad_2.pdf

synth automation.pdf

Could that be related to the fact that the automations are track-based?

I think that normally, when moving a region on a track that has some TBA, Logic pops up a dialog box asking if you want to move the automation accordingly…

BTW, your synth automation pdf picture has such an high resolution that we could actually see the monitor screen pixels! :shock:

Hey Attlas,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try switching to region-based and see if there is any difference, One thing I found was that when I dragged the track out of the track stack (summing), it stopped having the weird automation changes that I showed in the pictures. Do you have any thoughts on that? Thanks again.

- Lars