Can't drag audio files from YouTube into Logic

kashkyle

I am unable to convert a YouTube video into any type of audio format and drag it into Logic. I've tried multiple different videos, multiple different ways to import, and multiple different audio formats and it just does nothing. I've restarted Logic and restarted my computer. It's definitely something to do with the fact that the file is from YouTube because I can drag in files that aren't from YT with no problem, and when I tried to drag the files into FL Studio, it caused FL to crash. I can't record on the beat I want until this is resolved. Does anyone know how to fix this? Has this happened to everyone else? I'm incredibly frustrated right now because this is how I've been recording music for the last three years and it was working completely fine not even a week ago.

Unfortunately, downloading videos from YouTube is against their TOU, and requires explicit written permission from YouTube and any respective rights holders of that content, and really, any help or explicit instructions from anyone here to help you do this is also enabling violating those TOU.

In other words, if you want to download stuff from YouTube against their TOU, there's nothing stopping you, but I'm personally uncomfortable with enabling and helping you do that. If you had just said "I have a file I'm trying to import into Logic and it's not working", rather than explicitly mentioning you're engaging in TOU/copyright abuse, I'd have been more likely to try to help in good faith.

Perhaps you might be better off contacting the person who is creating the content you want to use and asking permission, and if granted, for them to supply the content to you in a form which you can work with? Or having a music making process where you are creating your own original material, rather than using someone else's?