Melodyne / ReVoice Pro ARA Issue

Maestro777

I have some projects where I combine both Melodyne and ReVoice Pro to get the end result. I find that for some aspects of work; each of these two products have their own particular strengths so combining them I get the best of both.

But I started noting periodic crashing of my sessions where both are being used. If I click on any track in my session with either of those plugins Logic simply crashes. Going on the crash report, I contacted Celemony believing it was an issue with Melodyne and they informed me that the issue was actually with Logic.

The response they gave me was "the crash occurs because in some cases when using two ARA plug ins in a Logic Pro project, one of the plugins may crash. The reason for the crash is because the plug in receives wrong data from Logic. Until Logic Pro has a fix for this we suggest to use only one ARA plug in at a time when working with Logic Pro." What???

That workaround wasn't a good answer for me so I've been working around the issue by confining any actions within either plugin to the tracks I'm working on and then bouncing them down and removing the plugin before working with the other. But this approach is like trying to navigate walking through pins and needles w/o getting pricked.

Does anyone know if Logic developers have any plans for addressing this issue in any soon upcoming release?

As a workaround you may also want to consider running Melodyne standalone (non-ARA) as described in this thread:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139314#p812032

There's more work involved in preparing and managing logic's audio files, but once set up it's worked flawlessly for me (including editing multiple tracks together in Melodyne).

As a workaround you may also want to consider running Melodyne standalone (non-ARA) as described in this thread:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139314#p812032

There's more work involved in preparing and managing logic's audio files, but once set up it's worked flawlessly for me (including editing multiple tracks together in Melodyne).

Yeah, I kind of considered that option as well. Running either Melodyne or ReVoice Pro in stand alone but to your point; it's obviously more work and I'm not interested in creating more work as much as a seamless workflow. It is food for thought tho. Thanks.

...fwiw...I work in projects all the time with multiple instances of Melodyne ARA 5/studio active without any trouble, I'm not sure what the difference/s might be...but I take your post as a cautionary marker...hth.../s~

I "think" you may have missed the actual issue. It's not working with multiple instances of ARA as long as it's the same ARA plugin. It's working with mixed instances of ARA (different ARA plugins for different vendors in the same session) that is the issue. Multiple instance of the same ARA plugin shouldn't be a problem. You're in the clear.

Edited by Maestro777

• 3 weeks later...