Sonnox Dynamic EQ EXT Sidechain Question

HKC
Go to solution Solved by HKC,

Hi there

I am trying to figure out how to get the most out of my Sonnox Dynamic EQ. I bought it a couple of years ago but never got around to implement it in my workflow.

I pretty much get it all except the external side chain. The manual says "You'll need to set up the side chain signal in your DAW". The DAW is obviously Logic but I don't know how to do this. Normally there would be some way to choose the side chain source inside the plugin but I simply can't find it.

Could somebody make a simple guide how to make ie a lead vocal lower a certain frequency band of a guitar. I just want to understand how this is supposed to be set up.

All the best

Henrik

Any plugin that supports a sidechain input will have a sidechain option at the top right of the plugin window.

If it doesn't support sidechaining, there won't be one. I don't have that plugin, and while the manual is non-specific, there is an "EXT" option suggesting it's supported, but that doesn't mean this works in all hosts or plugin formats. Like I say, if you don't see a sidechain input in the top right of the plugin window, then the plugin doesn't support an external sidechain input in the AU version.

If you're not sure, you can also contact Sonnox support and ask, they are good folks and will be happy to advise...