Easiest way to group stems already in track stacks?

willmarlogic

The problem I have is that I can’t use track stacks because moving (for example) percussion to its own stack would mess up the drum stack it’s in. I also can’t use sends because there are so many tracks I’d have to go through the project and individually add a send to each track.

I’m trying to take a 200+ track project and condense it into about 10 stems, and right now I’m just going through the project to find the tracks I want in each stem, soloing them, and bouncing each set of stems by themselves which is time consuming to say the least.

One more thing… is there a way to bounce/export multiple aux tracks as audio tracks at the same time?

Am I dumb and there’s a much easier way to do this?

One more thing… is there a way to bounce/export multiple aux tracks as audio tracks at the same time?

Yes: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159737&p=838878#p838878

The problem I have is that I can’t use track stacks because moving (for example) percussion to its own stack would mess up the drum stack it’s in.

You could duplicate the stack, then delete the percussions from the first stack, and delete everything but the percussions from the new stack.

I’m trying to take a 200+ track project and condense it into about 10 stems, and right now I’m just going through the project to find the tracks I want in each stem, soloing them, and bouncing each set of stems by themselves which is time consuming to say the least.

For each one of the 10 stems you want, create an Aux, choose an available bus as its input, and route the output of all the channel strips you want included in that stems to that bus.

Yes: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159737&p=838878#p838878

The problem I have is that I can’t use track stacks because moving (for example) percussion to its own stack would mess up the drum stack it’s in.

You could duplicate the stack, then delete the percussions from the first stack, and delete everything but the percussions from the new stack.

For each one of the 10 stems you want, create an Aux, choose an available bus as its input, and route the output of all the channel strips you want included in that stems to that bus.

Thank you!!! Is there a way to route this so that the channels with an aux fx send get sent to the stem aux like that instead of having to export the fx aux track separately?

Is there a way to route this so that the channels with an aux fx send get sent to the stem aux like that instead of having to export the fx aux track separately?

Not if you have multiple channels sending to the same aux that don't belong in the same stem.

I tried exporting two aux send tracks and they were silent (one was receiving multiple instruments and one was a reverb). How do I fix this? When I solo them in logic I hear them though.

I tried exporting two aux send tracks and they were silent (one was receiving multiple instruments and one was a reverb). How do I fix this? When I solo them in logic I hear them though.

Can you start a new topic for this specific issue? And detail your routing with screenshots? How to attach files to your post

Sure, I’lll do so now

• 1 month later...

Updating this thread with what I consider the closest solution I could come up with:

note - each track needs to have its own separate aux send for this to work properly (unless you don't mind having multiple tracks sends in one file)

If you want stems for every single track:

Go to the mix window and right click on all of your aux tracks (if your project is using them) and create tracks for them. Then select all of the tracks you want to turn into stems. Go to file and bounce all tracks in place. Then export all of the bounced tracks as audio files to the folder you want. The bounce in place step could be skipped if you don't have any aux tracks I believe. You could also skip that step by creating the tracks for the auxes and putting a blank midi region on the track for the entire song length.

As mentioned before in other threads, you can set up sends for stem mixes if you want to group tracks in the session and do the same with the blank midi region. If you have a large or complicated session though, it would probably be easier to combine stems in a new project with the bounced then exported audio tracks. In my experience, creating stem sends got confusing with large files and I would forget to add some to a group. Bouncing each track separately one by one takes a LONG time with plugin heavy sessions, and you can forget tracks this way too.

I really wish there was an option to export all tracks WITH their respective aux sends instead of having them separate (unless this is already possible and I'm an idiot for not realizing it).

Sorry for the rambling, hopefully this helps someone!