Playhead not responding to return key

Gridscape
Go to solution Solved by Gridscape,

This seems bizarre but true! Shut down my iMAC to go away on hols. On return, I'm finding that when I press the return key the playhead doesn't go to the beginning of the song. Instead, both screens flash grey (I don't know what the term is for this, this usually happens when you try to perform a function that isn't allowed - sometimes because you haven't responded to an error). I don't have cycle mode on, and when I switch cycle mode on same happens anyway. I can’t find any windows telling me what the problem is. I have to grab the playhead and move it – which won’t do! Playback still works.

The computer updated to Big Sur 11.6 recently which of course may be nothing to do with it, but it’s the first time I’ve used Logic since.

Anyone else found this or know what’s going on?

• Solution

David, solution found, I did a search there before posting this Q but I searched under "playhead" then "start" in fact the command is "go to beginning". Anyway it was blank. I wish I'd screenshot'd this, a message came up saying something like this: "key command allocated to higher priority - repeat live loops grid". I have no idea how this happened - I don't use live loops and never have. I certainly never (at least intentionally) changed this key command why would you, its probably the most used and obvious command in the app!

David thanks for pointing me back in the right direction, you are a diamond!