Single click region to de-select others?

sunbrother

Forgive me if this has been asked previously. The keywords I was using were so common that I was unable to find an answer.

I often make edits to multiple regions at once before I make edits to an individual region within the set. I noticed that if I have a few regions selected and then left click on a single one of them, they all stay selected.

Is there a setting to make it behave like the rest of macOS (Finder, Notes, Music, etc), where single clicking an item within a group of selected items will deselect all but one item? If not, is Shift + D and Shift + Left Click the fastest way to accomplish this?

No. In fact it does behave the same in the Finder here? If I have multiple files selected and want to select only one of the selected ones I first have to deselect them all.

You can do Shift-D and then left-click, or you can do Shift-click and then left-click on the desired region (not sure if that's what you meant by your description)

You can also click the background, and then click the desired region.

No. In fact it does behave the same in the Finder here? If I have multiple files selected and want to select only one of the selected ones I first have to deselect them all.

You must be in Icon view. It behaves that way in List View. I guess it's not universal; Mail, Notes, and Music do it but Photos doesn't.

You can do Shift-D and then left-click

That's what I thought. Maybe I'll assign an extra mouse button to a macro for that.

Thanks for the help. Your book on Logic 10.5 is a real help in catching up with current Logic. Funny enough, I think I read your book on Logic 8 when we used it in high school!

You must be in Icon view. It behaves that way in List View. I guess it's not universal; Mail, Notes, and Music do it but Photos doesn't.

I was in column view but it behaves the same in column, list or icon view here.

Thanks for the help. Your book on Logic 10.5 is a real help in catching up with current Logic. Funny enough, I think I read your book on Logic 8 when we used it in high school!

Wow that Logic 8 book ... that was a while ago!! Good to hear the book helped. :D

Strange! This is what I get in Finder on my MacBook and Mac Pro, Big Sur and Catalina. Not that it means anything, but this is also how region selection works in Live, Cubase, and Studio One.

UbZnzAY.gif

I made a macro for "Re-Select" in Keyboard Maestro and assigned it to the long-neglected fourth button on my Kensington trackball. Now it's even faster than other applications as there's no way for it to register an accidental double click.

Strange! This is what I get in Finder on my MacBook and Mac Pro, Big Sur and Catalina. Not that it means anything, but this is also how region selection works in Live, Cubase, and Studio One.

Well... I definitely cannot reproduce this here with my MacBook's trackpad! :shock: Weird indeed.

• 5 months later...