Non Logic System audio question

DanRad

Sorry for the Non-Logic question, but this is my go-to source for accurate Mac info.

Every time I cold boot, I get this audio output setting instead of my pro-interface (see below). I have to go in and change system preferences every time and it doesn't keep that setting. I've tried to find this program that is highjacking my audio...but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1185747296_ScreenShot2021-09-27at4_24_33PM.png.db31de85b2f6633b81873f19e4b9bcc4.png

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. I can't find any "Screen Recorder Utility" either in applications or utilities. There was a 3rd party screen recorder which I have taken out of applications (though I .zipped it to keep it available if needed later) thinking it might be the culprit. But no luck...

737932244_ScreenShot2021-10-03at6_13_32PM.png.4dd64fe0f1f7be5532ef19e177fc86be.png

Any other ideas? Much appreciated.

DanRad

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. I can't find any "Screen Recorder Utility" either in applications or utilities. There was a 3rd party screen recorder which I have taken out of applications (though I .zipped it to keep it available if needed later) thinking it might be the culprit. But no luck...

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 6.13.32 PM.png

Any other ideas? Much appreciated.

DanRad

You're going to have to unzip what you zipped because in that path are 2 shell scripts that install and uninstall that audio driver.

Do a Show Package Contents on the VideoSolo Screen Recorder app.

1472295463_01ShowPackageContents.png.258d37af1fc45748296ed0d5aefc8c37.png

Next navigate to the following so you can see those 2 shell scripts.

2005613540_02Resources.png.9866d08926896ddc60a30523049556ce.png

Now if I was going to do this properly, I'd go into Terminal and cd to that path and do a sudo to either uninstall or install the audio driver.

1127926591_03runningscripts.thumb.png.7a2ed191ec2ee28639808deafab15bda.png

If this seems a little scary to do, I would check the documentation first to see if there's a menu option in the app to do the uninstall/install of that audio driver.

If you don't see that, then I'd submit an email to the developers and ask them if you can run the scripts as I suggested.

The reason I mention the later is because I have no problem messing up my computer but I'd feel bad if your mac got messed up.

How do I get to "Terminal."

829429465_Terminllocation.png.fd0e571f5ab55f455e1d7d559a76363f.png

And what is a "sudo"?

It's a superuser, meant to be used to install drivers and application that go into privilege folders.

sudo description

Could I just drag these things into the trash?

No, you need to run the uninstall_AudioDriver.sh script to uninstall the audio driver.

file.php?id=53743

Once you double click on the terminal from above, you should see a terminal window, you probably won't see it as my color scheme, yours might be black on white.

Next, you need to use cd like in the above picture.

Do a pwd, that should show you which folder you're in. That's important because if you're not in the folder that you see from above, you won't be able to run that uninstal_AudioDriver.sh script.

Once you're in that folder from above, run the sudo command as you see it from above.

Once you run it, go back to your System Perferences and select Sound. That audio driver should be gone.

I actually tested that on my Intel MacMini and it did work.

Let me know, I can create a video if the instructions aren't too clear.