Drumkit input mapping not working properly

WLouisMusic

Hi guys,

I usually produce rock music, but as I don't have a real drum kit, I use Logic's midi drum kit instead. In this particular song I'm working on, I thought it would sound more real to change the input mapping from 'GM' to 'GM+Modwheel controls hi-hat opening level'.

The problem is, that when I programme a standard 1/8 note rock beat, every second hi-hat sounds really dry, as if I had just removed all the ambient reverb on the kit. And sometimes they cut out completely,.. Any suggestions? I would really love to use this feature but I can't get it to properly work.

Thx for any help :)

(LPX 10.5.1, OS 10.14.6, 2014 Mac mini)

I can't seem to post audio files, but here is a drive link to the bounced file. The hi-hats just cutting in and out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y7vjbpi1HYhSBighfGStmdmOAS4gfbNJ/view?usp=sharing

Oh ok so some notes are just not playing at all on your Mac. It's possible that you're missing some samples? Do you get that issue with all drum kits or just this one?

I get it with all the drum kits, and the silent notes seem to be different every time, I really have no clue. Do you think a computer upgrade would solve this? I have been meaning to get a new one as my current one is getting sluggish.

In order to determine what would solve this we need to find the reason why it's doing this, and for that we need to continue troubleshooting.

Try to click on the right-hand side of the blue plug-in insert for your Drum Kit Designer and choose Sampler. Open the Sampler plug-in, and see if any samples are missing?