MacOS Monterey?

AllTheButtons

I've seen way less discussion about MacOS Monterey for audio software/plugins than there were for the last few versions. Not just here - even many plugin manufacturers still only mention Big Sur compatibility, when normally they'd at least have a placeholder "we don't know yet" statement on their website long before now.

Does this indicate that not much audio-wise has changed between Monterey and Big Sur?

there are always potential issues, so i can only speak to my own experience, and my own 3rd-party plugins (which are 95% of what i use in logic). have been on the monterey betas since the beginning, and... all is well here. a few glitches in logic itself (which i've reported), but all my plugins work.

again, i can't speak for you, or the plugins you use.

anyway, monterey will be out very soon, and developers will then have official statements on support, so... wait if you're anxious. otherwise, the OS is stable, fast. have been working a lot (logic, final cut) without any weirdness (except for the weirdness in my music) :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Unless of course you're about to take delivery of some new device that will have Monterey pre-installed upon it, my usual practice is to wait about a month (or two... or three...) after a new OS release reaches "general availability" to first consider installing it.

"Operating systems are ferociously-complex things," so inevitably there are a quick succession of releases as various problems are found and fixed – and I'd much rather let someone else find those problems first.

"Computer software like fine wine: let it age ..." :D