Saving User Patches Problem in a Template

Kraft
Go to solution Solved by Kraft,

Hi guys,

I'm having this strange problem and I can't seem to find the reason for it to happen, I'm hoping someone might be able to help!

I've been saving some user patches lately to make my life easier when I want to open a new project without a template.

I've gathered some libraries I like to use, grouped them, removed the summing stack input bus, assigned the instruments to the stereo output and saved my user patches. This way when I import them into a new project it doesn't create a new auxiliary bus for each instrument stack and I can choose whatever I want.

All worked fine until I've tried to open my master template and save a few groups from there. Somehow, every user patch I save from my template doesn't appear in the folder, it's like it never saved. What's going on here?

I've tried to open the same instruments on a new project and I'm able to save the patches, but not from my template.

If anyone could help, that would be great!

Best regards.

I am a little confused by your description.

When you save a patch in the Library, the patch is saved in ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Patches/ and then in the folder that corresponds to the type of patch: /Instrument/ for software instrument patches, /Audio/ for audio track patches, etc.

Any project you open, whether old, new, started from any particular template or not, accesses those same folders to display the patches contained within in the Library.

So make sure your patches are properly saved in those locations, and make sure the Library in Logic shows you the same list of patches that you can find in your Finder in those locations?

For example, here are my custom instrument patches:

instrument-patches.thumb.png.eacb25e0a2e02501d3b89752173602ab.png

• Solution
I am a little confused by your description.

When you save a patch in the Library, the patch is saved in ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Patches/ and then in the folder that corresponds to the type of patch: /Instrument/ for software instrument patches, /Audio/ for audio track patches, etc.

Any project you open, whether old, new, started from any particular template or not, accesses those same folders to display the patches contained within in the Library.

So make sure your patches are properly saved in those locations, and make sure the Library in Logic shows you the same list of patches that you can find in your Finder in those locations?

For example, here are my custom instrument patches:

instrument-patches.png

Hi David,

Appreciate you took the time to answer.

I just opened my template to take some screenshots and try to explain to you my problem and the solution was right in front of my eyes.

The patches (groups of instruments) I was trying to save were not being saved because inside each stack I had "separator" tracks named "--------" that I use as a way to separate the same sounds from different companies. This tracks have no input or output and just divided each brand.

Eliminating those tracks solved the problem and now I can save my groups as patches!

Thanks again ;)