What to do with two drum mono audio files?

joshuac

Hello. I recorded my group to Logic the other day.The drums were recorded direct from a Roland TD-4 electronic drum kit. It has a Left and Right output. I recorded them to two different tracks. I thought I recorded two mono signals to two mono tracks. The first photo shows what I got -- one mono file and one stereo file with information on one side. Then I bounced the stereo file to mono using the GAIN plug-in set to MONO and I got the next photo. It looks like stereo with the same signal on either side. If I keep each track as they are and I pan them hard left and right, will I get the stereo recording I was trying to get? Or, is there another step I have to do or redo? Thanks!

36973565_ChangedDRUMSLtoMono.thumb.png.9ca895ad3c40bfa41adc55620634678f.png

Original_Drums.thumb.png.5475e0dbb7acf15f10f6c3ab3541ef9b.png

Actually actually, I'd just set one recording track to stereo and record one stereo source to one stereo track. There is little point in recording to two tracks, as you'd have to do all the edits on two tracks and all plugins would have to be duplicated too, let alone trying to adjust any plugin parameters with the other channel not responding.

Actually actually, I'd just set one recording track to stereo and record one stereo source to one stereo track.

No doubt about this. My workaround was merely to point out what to do in such an (existing) situation. I'd probably send both those mono channels to a bus anyway and work on that bus (or bounce that bus so I have the proper stereo file).

However this workaround also comes handy if one wants to process both sides of a stereo recording differently.