Library Sounds Disappeared

Zephar77

Library sounds have disappeared. I read some old messages here to connect your audio interface and so forth, but I’m saying the library sounds on old mini instrument tracks. When I create a new one I get A blank space with only one line saying other objects, and when she like this it just shows input note, Midi click, and other things in midi setup.

I can option click and reassign track selecting MIDI environs and select one of my other MIDI instruments and the library will show, But The instrument changes to a duplicate of the old instrument, not a new one. I’ve gone into preferences audio and selected the iMac as the default input and output, and that should work, yes?

How do you attach screenshots here? Sometimes it’s available and sometimes it is not.

Any suggestions anyone?

Best, Seth

286801436_ScreenShot2021-10-09at10_05_39AM.thumb.png.5ae1a2708ba77ab5e25d8215072affc1.png

324688475_ScreenShot2021-10-09at9_44_58AM.thumb.png.da9de4fbaaa8e677c53a72457bac6e7b.png

1237007581_ScreenShot2021-10-09at9_54_13AM.thumb.png.5ae69e07ef840fb9e4efed7758b1748b.png

Thank you Jakob,

I was suspecting that was the case and different from how things worked a couple years ago when I was using extensively, but got stranded in the Dominican Republic most of last year, and had surgery before that that kept me from my studio.

Now I come back and expect to play my Godin MIDI guitar through my old set up and when I touch anywhere in tracks on my external three MIDI instruments The app instantly quits. Suspect because they are set up and connected to the sound from the EXS24 sampler that no longer exists. Godin MIDI guitar was set up to sound only on channels four, five, and six corresponding with the lower three strings to play a bass instrument. Then channel strips showed with the audio channels strips and you could select an output and a sound in the plug-in, now they show up as separate MIDI channel strips that take up space, and insist on displaying channel strips you don’t even use. I only use three or four and it displays six that just make it confusing. Why did they do that? Anyway, as you say I must now create a track that is a representation of a sound for the external MIDI tracks to play from, and this is where are you select a sound.

But how do you select an output, as it’s no longer there. I see no place to do this? The bass must play from a certain pair that are designed for playing bass. I have three pairs of monitors. The others are for other instruments and my audio tracks for my guitar acoustic pick up on the same guitar. Godin MIDI guitar has three pick ups, use the bridge acoustic pick up, and a 13 pin connector that goes to the Rolland G I-20. But since EXS24 no longer exists, if I even touch the track area the program quits immediately. So I lost a very difficult set up that worked perfectly before and start over with a new template that creates a mess of ‪MIDI channel strips.

If there is a way to eliminate these channel strips of no use I would bless you forever.

I’m ready to go back to my 2011 iMac with 10.4 which still has the EX is 24 sampler and my old set up still functions.

The many options they have added I have no use for and would not use them. Well, I expect not.

Best, Seth

Thanks for the link and I’ll look that over. But no, ESX24 did not transfer over and locks the ability to even change the instrument in the channel strip. Looking for an answer With a few searches and this has been a problem with others. Elaborate explanations found on how to transfer ESX24 Into the newer 10.6. Have not read about this yet but saved and bookmarked them and thought I’d ask here to see if that really works, and won’t mess things up somehow. I did scan it to see it’s not just one folder but several from different areas. That might solve some problems for me if I could do this, but I do see the equivalent Ballard bass instruments in multi sampler. But what was the point in changing the name, and the patches? What was the point?

Made higher quality samples? But why make it a new instrument, and a lemonade one of the most useful ones LogicPro had? Why not just make it a update download to replace with the Hi-Rez if that’s what’s going on? The others we’re perfectly fine.

If I switch back to my older Mac and the older version of logic pro I fear any new work I accomplish may not transfer at all if ever becomes obsolete. But I see you stayed with version 10.5 and looks like Mojave macOS. At least that’s still supported, but probably not for much longer.

Best, Seth