Smart Control External Assignments not working

Patcherson

I would contact Arturia tech support and ask them for help troubleshooting your issue. Hopefully they can sort you out! If you find out, do let us know what it was, it could be helpful for others. Thanks, and good luck.

I'm pretty sure it's a logic issue because I can use the knobs to tweak parameters in Komplete Kontrol, but I see your point. Thanks for your help.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for coming back to an old thread, but I'm having this same issue.  I can get smart controls assigned to an external MIDI CC in one project, and in some projects they respond but not in others.  The new project I'm working in now is using the same instrument plugins that were imported from a Logic project in which the assignments work fine, but in the new project they do not respond.

22 minutes ago, justinmorell said:

The new project I'm working in now is using the same instrument plugins that were imported from a Logic project in which the assignments work fine, but in the new project they do not respond.

Smart Control assignments are patch dependent, not instrument dependent... try using the same patch? 

But normally your controller assignments should be global, meaning that if you have a knob that controls Smart Control knob #1 in your Smart Control pane then that assignment should work for all Smart Control panes on any patch in any project. What's unique to each patch is how that Smart Control knob is mapped to a plug-in parameter on the channel strip. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...