Hi Hats Not Playing The Right Sound

Critical Mass

So, for whatever reason, Logic Pro X is just out to get me, because all of a sudden every drum kit I go to I try to map out the drum sounds on the piano roll like normal, but the hi hats all sound the same (no I don't mean they sound the same between different kits, I mean that an open hi hat sounds exactly like a closed one in the same kit). This is the case for every kit, they all sound like closed hi hats, no matter what I try. Sometimes, they don't even play sound when I try to map them out. I can click on the side note on the piano roll to hear what they're supposed to sound like, but when I actually put in the note, it either gives me no sound at all, or a closed hi hat sound.

This is only happening for the hi hats though, things like toms, snare, or ride cymbals are absolutely fine.

Ah okay yes so I opened the drum kit designer, and it is set to the GM input mapping. The option for an open hi hat is there, and I can even click the word “Hi-Hat Open” and it will play the sound I want, however it is only when mapping it out in the piano roll that it makes everything a closed hi hat.

Alright, I’m not sure what I did, but now every hi-hat is an open Hi-hat sound… I think I may be hexed.

If you want, make a copy of the project and make sure you have only the drum track, and the different hi-hat notes that all produced an open HH sound. then attach the copy here, I'll have a look. How to attach files to your post