Software instrument is greyed out

SIobhan B

Hi I'm new to pro logic and trying to figure it out. Software instrument is greyed out when I start a new project . I have a Komplete M32 and I can't seem to connect to it properly . also I can't seem to get the sounds for the keyboard to connect to the laptop. It looks like I havent set up pro logic or the keyboard properly and I can't figure out how to fix it and none of the on line tutorials are giving me any clues how to fix so far . can anyone help please. ?

Software instrument is greyed out when I start a new project .

Hello Slobhan,

Choose Logic Pro > Preferences and make sure you have an output device selected and the Core Audio checkbox is enabled?

In case that wasn't the issue, could you share a screenshot of where you're seeing software instrument greyed out? How to attach files to your post

Try with the built-in output device, see if that makes a difference.

If all else fails, try deleting your preference file (which returns Logic Pro preferences to factory default).

1. Quit Logic Pro.

2. In the Finder, hold down the Option key and choose Go > Library.

3. Select the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file in the Preferences folder and press delete to move it to the trash.

4. Restart your Mac.

ok. that didn't work - so will try to restart

My instructions do include restart, so I'm not sure what, exactly, did not work? You have to follow all 4 steps in order, without anything else in between the 4 steps. If for example you delete your preferences, then reopen Logic, then close Logic, then restart your Mac, you will not get the same result.

Another thing you can try is to create a new user account on your Mac, then try to run Logic in that user account in order to see if you get the same behavior or not.