side chain does not work on any plugin

nadav spiegel

Hi,

I purchased a new Mac and with it I updated My Logic Pro X to Version 10.6.3. Its all nice till here..

When I open Compressor on Hi Hat track and putting the Kick track on sidechain the compressor doesnt react at all.

It doesnt work on any other plugin either.

Everything works fine in a regular compressor mode.

Please Help !

I can't see any audio running through that, but as myself and David says, you'll need to adjust your threshold and ratio accordingly for the sidechain signal level and the amount of reduction required, just as you would for using the compressor normally. Edited by des99

the zip file is too big to upload here...

How big is it? Are you sure you aren't trying to attach the entire package or folder? In the instructions I show how to save organized as a folder, and then attach only the project file that is located inside the folder:

• To attach a Logic file, make sure you save the file organized as a folder (not a package). Then in the Finder, go inside the project folder, control-click the file and choose Compress (name of the file). Attach the resulting .zip file here.