How to use more than 256 Auxiliary Channel strips

pghnhung
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi,

I know that Logic 10.4.5 and above supports up to 1000 Channel Strips of Audio, Instrument and Auxiliary as opposed to 256 in the past.

So, I can indeed create more than 256 Aux tracks now, but I can't use those Aux tracks from #257 to #1000, it's there but I can't send or route the output of one channel to those extra Aux. It's really frustrating 'cuz it's right there but I can't use it. I don't know if I need to dig into project settings or something like that, am I missing anything? - image attached

I know that I would rarely reach to 256 Aux tracks, but Logic now supports up to 1000 Aux tracks, I would love to know how to get this maximum configuration in my session just in case I have a huge project one day.

Appreciate any help!

Btw, this is the first time I post on this forum, so I'm sorry in advance if I do something wrong,

Hung

1938380828_ScreenShot2021-10-12at3_01_45PM.thumb.png.71958a7ae5d3f559ad552af775c77d92.png

• Solution
Btw, this is the first time I post on this forum, so I'm sorry in advance if I do something wrong,

Hello Hung and welcome to Logic Pro Help. And not to worry, you did not do anything wrong! :)

So indeed the max number of busses in Logic is 256, but that does not mean you cannot use more than 256 Aux channel strips. You can for example route the same bus to multiple Aux channel strips. One application is parallel processing (one bus goes to 3 Auxes that each process the signal in 3 different ways then are summed together, see screenshot below). Another is the ability to switch between different processed signals in real time, for example what I did with my Teddy Riley effect rack environment: Teddy Riley-style Effect Rack triggered by keys.

So while as you suggested chances are you will rarely need to use more than 256 Aux channel strips, it's possible to use more for applications other than a single bus to a single Aux routings.

2044403132_parallelprocessing.png.b5c521aa4737eb364bea6186a5e3d26a.png

Hello Hung and welcome to Logic Pro Help. And not to worry, you did not do anything wrong! :)

So indeed the max number of busses in Logic is 256, but that does not mean you cannot use more than 256 Aux channel strips. You can for example route the same bus to multiple Aux channel strips. One application is parallel processing (one bus goes to 3 Auxes that each process the signal in 3 different ways then are summed together, see screenshot below). Another is the ability to switch between different processed signals in real time, for example what I did with my Teddy Riley effect rack environment: Teddy Riley-style Effect Rack triggered by keys.

So while as you suggested chances are you will rarely need to use more than 256 Aux channel strips, it's possible to use more for applications other than a single bus to a single Aux routings.

parallel processing.png

Wow, Why I didn't think of this before, thanks a million tons, David! Problem solved!