The document "xxxx" could not be saved. You don't have permission.

hotkeyz
Go to solution Solved by hotkeyz,

I've just tried using Logic Pro for the first time since the upgrade to Mac OS Big Sur. I'm running Logic Pro 10.6.3 on an iMac running Big Sur 11.6. When I made some adjustments in a project and tried to save, a window popped up saying "The document "Ra Ra Ra" could not be saved. You don't have permission."

However, the file already has 'read & write permissions (I am the administrator) - so I don't understand why there is an issue.

Can anyone suggest the cause? And a solution? Thanks ...

1220302349_ScreenShot2021-10-14at11_47_15am.png.c2aece9cc4664be5cb008ea69f25db1b.png

security! gets more complicated all the time (sadly, it needs to).

check system preferences>security & privacy>privacy. make sure logic is checked under 'files & folders'; should show desktop, documents, etc

(you'll need to unlock this window first, lower left, with your mac password)...

Yes. All of the options under 'Files and Folders' are selected.

However, there is an option above 'Files and Folders' called 'Full Disk Access'. Should I select Logic Pro and the Native Instrument apps? It does say "allow the apps below to access ... certain administrative settings for all users on this Mac."

I've just completed a series of tests as follows -

1. I created a new project from my orchestration master, copied something across from the original project, and saved successfully. I closed and reopened the test, and made another edit successfully before saving and closing.

2. With the original project, I made an edit and selected 'save as' rather than 'save.' This saved successfully, and I was able to reopen, edit, and save normally. I was also able to do this using the 'save a copy as' option as well.

I'm not an expert on Logic or Mac OS, but it leaves me thinking the problem is with the original project files. Perhaps a backwards compatibility issue. The original project was created in June 2017 ...

1. I created a new project from my orchestration master, copied something across from the original project, and saved successfully. I closed and reopened the test, and made another edit successfully before saving and closing.

2. With the original project, I made an edit and selected 'save as' rather than 'save.' This saved successfully, and I was able to reopen, edit, and save normally. I was also able to do this using the 'save a copy as' option as well.

I'm not an expert on Logic or Mac OS, but it leaves me thinking the problem is with the original project files. Perhaps a backwards compatibility issue. The original project was created in June 2017 ...

probably the project. 2017 files should not be a problem in general. anyway, glad you have it sorted!

• Solution

probably the project. 2017 files should not be a problem in general. anyway, glad you have it sorted!

So it seems ... but I'd rather not have to do that with every logic project I have.

So it seems ... but I'd rather not have to do that with every logic project I have.

depending on what version of logic you did those projects in, you may have to save in the newer logic format; otherwise, are you having the issue with other projects? or just the one?

seriously, if it's a problem with multiple files.. cross that bridge when you come to it. ie, if you open one of those projects, save it, then continue to work (and save). no need to open all of them and resave all of them 'at once'...