Untagged loops out of sync

mattdopamine

Hello, I have one stubborn folder of loops that will not play ball with Logic's loop browser. I have seen this question asked before but there were no answers that helped me.

The loops are all wav, are the correct length and are perfect loops (drums, percussion etc).

All my other loop libraries follow Logic's tempo without any issue but this library has been analysed at the wrong tempo, in fact it sees all the loops at 125bpm when they are clearly labelled otherwise.

Is there any way to get Logic to detect the correct tempo of this library? I have tried deleting the entry and adding back to no avail. I also tried putting all the different tempo loops into separate folders but that didn't work either.

Thanks,

Matt

LPX 10.6.3

macOS 10.15.7 - all updates installed.

So you are correct, I had a look at that loop and no matter how I import it, it misbehaves. Seems the only workaround is to import it in a project, set the tempo of the project to 130bpm and then drag and drop the loop to the Apple Loops browser to index it that way.

I'm afraid I can't explain why it does that though. :?

That sounds very time consuming but I might do it anyway. It will save me time in the long run.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

It's so strange, I am now importing the loops into Logic and no matter what setting I use (keep tempo, adapt etc) it always put the loops off the grid. I have one that is originally 130bpm, I set the tempo to 130 and it lines up on the grid as I drag it in then snaps to another tempo once I place it. I tried setting to 125 which is keeps changing it to and it goes to 130. No matter what I do I will have to resort to flex timing it to the grid. The loop has tempo and marker information and makes no difference whether I select that option or not. WEIRD.

OK I found the easiest way to sort this out for anyone in the future that might have this problem.

Make a new folder in the same place as your loop library and name it something like 130BPM - fixed

Import the troublesome loops each to their own track into a clean logic project.

Select all tracks and initiate flex time on the first track - all tracks will flex.

In the top right corner of the first clip, drag that clip to the desired length - all tracks will do the same.

With the tracks still selected exit out of flex time and hit U to set the cycle range to the tracks.

Now go to File / Export / All tracks as audio files.

Make sure Range is set to Export cycle range only.

Export the tracks to the folder you created in step one.

Now import that folder back to your untagged loops or if you placed them inside of a folder that's already in the list that will automatically update.

Your new loops will now follow tempo correctly and import onto your logic grid.

Matt

OK I found the easiest way to sort this out for anyone in the future that might have this problem.

Make a new folder in the same place as your loop library and name it something like 130BPM - fixed

Import the troublesome loops each to their own track into a clean logic project.

Select all tracks and initiate flex time on the first track - all tracks will flex.

In the top right corner of the first clip, drag that clip to the desired length - all tracks will do the same.

With the tracks still selected exit out of flex time and hit U to set the cycle range to the tracks.

Now go to File / Export / All tracks as audio files.

Make sure Range is set to Export cycle range only.

Export the tracks to the folder you created in step one.

Now import that folder back to your untagged loops or if you placed them inside of a folder that's already in the list that will automatically update.

Your new loops will now follow tempo correctly and import onto your logic grid.

Matt

Thank you for sharing. That certainly sounds way more convoluted than it should be! :( Glad you found a workaround that makes it work though.