Switching between windows reliably

Uraronin

Hi, been using Logic since version 7 yet I still havent figured out how to reliably do one of the most basic things in any aplication:

SWITCHING FROM ONE WINDOW TO ANOTHER

theorically there exist shorcuts for each window, yet I DONT WANT A NEW WINDOW EACH TIME I PRESS THE COMMAND!!!! I want to go to the one I already have, Cmd + 1, Cmd +2, Cmd + 6, etc . . . all of them take me to the respective window SOMETIMES and is completely unpredictable when logic will decide to create a redundant window or take me to the one I already have

cycling through windows does not help, I dont always have the same amount of windows open

Screensets takes AGES to switch, try recording something with latency as high as screenset delay and then tell me it is usable, (spoiler: it is not)

¿how the flying f*** do I tame my windows?

thanks in advance

Have you tried using key commands like P for the Piano Roll, X for the mixer, N for the score, etc ?

Those shorcuts work reliably, but wont make what Im asking for. P, X, and N open small versions of the windows inside the Main window, so this does not work with the audio files window, wich has the same problem

It may come down to the interpretation of "Open Mixer" or whatever. The way I see if work (only ever Logic Pro X and beyond) is

1. Open Mixer - opens a mixer window.

2. Open Mixer - opens a NEW mixer window

3. Open Mixer - opens the first mixer window

4. Open Mixer - opens a NEW mixer window

etc.

The "Open Mixer Window" appears to not be "open THE mixer window" but an open mixer window. I take advantage of multiple mixer windows (single, tracks, all) and use the window switching commands to switch between them.

The reliable path to getting your window is to select it from the Window menu, or to click on it with the mouse.

I certainly hope that they don't restrict us to one mixer or one tracks or one MIDI Environment...

I believe the software support answer would be "works as implemented" meaning it's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

Screensets are kind of slow on my Intel iMac - my M1 MacBookAir? stunningly fast...

The reliable path to getting your window is to select it from the Window menu, or to click on it with the mouse.

nope, selecting the windows with the mouse almost never works and takes even more time than screensets, and using the window menu behaves exactly as using the shortcuts

It may come down to the interpretation of "Open Mixer" or whatever. The way I see if work (only ever Logic Pro X and beyond) is

etc.

is it to much to ask to have separate shortcuts, one for GO TO window, and other for CREATE NEW window?

etc.

is it to much to ask to have separate shortcuts, one for GO TO window, and other for CREATE NEW window?

That might be somewhat redundant to go to screenset x, y, z...

Although that seems to also be problematic in your situation apparently...

it is not redundant, since Windows and screensets are not the same, also, the cmd-1, 2, 3 etc shortcuts are almost instantaneous, while screensets take much more time to work

another difference from screensets is they (as their name suggest) recall screensets, I absolutely dont need screensets if the only thing I want to do is change the focus of my keyboard, so the keyboard inputs go to the window I want. something as simple as that, after all this years is not well handled by logic

Me:

- working most of the time in the main window,

- realize I need to send some of the shortcuts to the piano roll I have already open, instead of the main window

- cmd-6

Logic:

- YoU NeEd MoRe WiNdOwSsS!!!!

If you are trying to change keyboard/command focus the TAB key will move the focus (blue border) around the Main Window. Command-tilde will change the frontmost window.

TAB only works INSIDE a window, I want to change the focus BETWEEN windows. Cmd-Tilde will change with every window AND plugin I have open, so as I mentioned before, I dont always have the same number of windows open which makes Cmd-Tilde unreliable.

Cmd+Numbers would be extremely reliable in any situation if only It didn't open a new window each time it feels like it