Help needed - Project and Custom Template with huge file size

AntonioMF

Hello all,

I’ve had an issue for quite some time but I just decided to address it because I’m running out of space in my computer.

For some reason, my logic projects and my custom template are huge, over 400mb without any audio or midi information. I don’t know what could be the problem, I have tried saving as folder, cleaning up the project, deleting any kind of audio file, reducing backups to 3, deleting undo history and still, I’m getting over 400mb. It gets worse when I’m working on a project and I have to save information - if gets to more than 1gb.

I have checked the package content inside the projects and it’s always the Projectdata file which is huge.

Would love to know your thoughts, any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I've seen threads here with Arturia plugins causing project files to grow to massive sizes in certain Logic and/or OSX versions, but without knowing anything about your 3rd party plugins, Logic and OS versions, and how you built your template, it's impossible to come up with anything else than guesses...

I've seen threads here with Arturia plugins causing project files to grow to massive sizes in certain Logic and/or OSX versions, but without knowing anything about your 3rd party plugins, Logic and OS versions, and how you built your template, it's impossible to come up with anything else than guesses...

Hello Jakob, thanks for your reply.

My plug-ins are: Kontakt 6 - cinematic studio series (all), BBCSO primarily percussion, Albion 1, Albion Tundra and Omnisphere.

I’m running MacOS Catalina 10.15

My template has everything purged and/or every track turned off with the logic function so it doesn’t consume rams unless it’s activated (except BBCSO which doesn’t has a purge function).