Dorky nit-pick question: default track icons?

whitfield

Hey guys,

I know this will probably sound like a lame thing to ask/complain about, and I think I already know the answer, but I wanted to ask before requesting it from Apple: is there any way to compel LP to choose one-color icons by default?

I truly hate the skeuomorphic versions — they feel like visual clutter in an already highly-detailed UI, and not something my eye can quickly scan while trying to jump around my project — but I do want icons to be present to aid in that scanning. It kills me that Apple installed these lovely, more simplistic versions only to force us to manually choose them every. single. time. (even after you've already selected one and you just switch instruments).

Again, I've already researched this at least as far as not reading about or finding a setting for it, but I wanted to verify that understanding. Thanks!

I'd say try to set up your own autoloading template, with the tracks all assigned to the icons you need, and start you projects from that. Then all your customisations and tools and window layouts etc are set up exactly how you want them, in every project. That's the whole point of templates - to set up your working environment in Logic to how *you* want.

Personally, I have icons turned off in my templates, as I don't really like them at all or find them that useful - it's just visual clutter for me.

Yeah, I totally get that. And for sure, I've created my primary templates that have those icons set to my main summing stacks and sample instruments, but of course the icon settings all go out the window once I start adding things. :) I doubt Apple is going to fix this anytime soon, so I'll probably turn them off as well. Boo.