Reverse Function not working

seekayy
Go to solution Solved by fisherking,

I was recently chopping up some cymatics samples and building a beat when I went to try and reverse a cymbal to use as a mini riser as I've done in the past but for some reason when I right-click the reverse option is grayed out? I haven't changed anything in my settings and was just able to use the reverse function the other day. Wondering if anyone else has any idea as to what's going on. I have been able to successfully reverse the exact same sound in the past but am drawing a blank when it comes to this.

Do you have Flex turned on for that track/region? You can't reverse a region that has Flex on.

I double-checked and I do not have flex turned on for any region in the track. I've also tried bouncing in place but keep coming to the same grayed-out reverse function.

try a bounce-in-place of one cymbal, then you can reverse that. i do this all the time with my loops, if i can't reverse them, or time-stretch them...

I do the same thing all the time, and usually, it works. But for some reason, it is still showing the reverse option as being grayed-out and even not recognizing the keybinding.

Do you have Flex turned on for that track/region? You can't reverse a region that has Flex on.

I double-checked and I do not have flex turned on for any region in the track. I've also tried bouncing in place but keep coming to the same grayed-out reverse function.

Can you share a screenshot so that we can see what you're seeing?

Can you share a screenshot so that we can see what you're seeing?

Absolutely, hoping my link works, this site is really weird about uploading images.

https://imgur.com/a/5tjrvTE

https://imgur.com/a/5tjrvTE

try a bounce-in-place of one cymbal, then you can reverse that. i do this all the time with my loops, if i can't reverse them, or time-stretch them...

I do the same thing all the time, and usually, it works. But for some reason, it is still showing the reverse option as being grayed-out and even not recognizing the keybinding.

try bouncing that crash out of logic, then reimporting it. or try opening the sample in a different project; can you reverse it, or bounce-in-place, and reverse that? also... have you rebooted? sometimes that simple act can fix quirky behaviors...

try bouncing that crash out of logic, then reimporting it. or try opening the sample in a different project; can you reverse it, or bounce-in-place, and reverse that? also... have you rebooted? sometimes that simple act can fix quirky behaviors...

I can take it over into another DAW and probably reverse it on that, but I will quickly open a new project and see if I can reverse it there, will keep you posted. Also, I have rebooted 3 times, so I'm not sure if it's a quirk or if I am just missing something.

I can take it over into another DAW and probably reverse it on that, but I will quickly open a new project and see if I can reverse it there, will keep you posted. Also, I have rebooted 3 times, so I'm not sure if it's a quirk or if I am just missing something.

Okay, so I am able to reverse it when I opened a new project, so there must be something that I clicked in order to disable the ability to reverse on the original track.