Click Track

E_Poe
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi everyone!

Been scouring the forum trying to find an answer for this. Is there anyway (besides the normal hide function) to remove the click track/klopfgeist inst from the arrange window? I want the click to remain of course I just really don't need to know it's there in my arrange setup. It seems like this is normal function anyway for the click inst to NOT be in the arrange window when a new session is opened so I must have accidentally selected "read" on it in the mixer window because now it is showing up in arrange. Can't just delete it from the arrange window because it takes the click with it. A touch annoying. Anyway, any advice would be wonderful, appreciate you all!

Spoke too soon :P Click track has indeed been removed from the arrange window now but it looks like it is also nowhere to be found in the mixer, which is what i was hoping to avoid as I have ran into this problem before. It was indeed functioning normally for a bit. However, after finishing this template and starting on my first project with it, I have realized that somewhere along the way the metronome stopped working properly and now no longer functions. I have been through all the metronome posts on this forum and others and have tried what was suggested. Nothing has worked in my case, which is amazing actually, this has to be one of the oddest things Logic does. I have never understood it.

This is a pretty complex template with some intricate cabling in the environment that took me a few days to do so i don't just want to abandon it. I also am not looking forward to trying to import everything into a new blank session as that is always a pain. Any tips or suggestions would be most appreciated as always. Thanks all!

Hey David, yeah it is missing from the mixer in "All" view, so must have been deleted. I tried creating a new inst, adding klopfgeist, setting it out to 1-2, and making solo safe but it isn't working so I am just going to re-import everything into a blank session. Thanks again for your help though.

Ugh. That's frustrating. There's been an ongoing issue with the metronome channel strip in Logic because they changed the structure of how it's automatically handled in the Environment. It used to be fixed to instrument channel 256 but since they upped the number of channels to 1,000 they made it a dynamic channel which is always the last instrument channel (#n+1 when you have n instruments, for example #7 if you have 6 instruments).

That created issues, especially when working with projects created in earlier versions of Logic or templates created in earlier versions of Logic and a lot of users have reported being missing the click track altogether.

Sorry to hear you've now had this issue too. Hopefully reimporting the tracks in a new empty project will resolve this?