Logic Pro 10.7 Released

David Nahmani

The colors on the transport bar when recording are bad.. They went from red to a pinkish color.

I see what you mean. It does look ... odd.

transport.png.18ca78079d157aaadce9d8494f445f42.png

I mostly like it but I wish at least that all the default labeling would be grayed out a bit, for example all the (repetitive) button or insert names in the Mixer and Inspector (setting, EQ, MIDI FX, Instrument, Sends, Groups...).

Inspector.png.b9f29dacfa9f1c3753f805238123fbda.png

macOS 11, so if you’re on Catalina still, like I am, it won’t show up.

So people on Big Sur (Intel), any show-stoppers still around? Should I upgrade?

Hey Ville, Long time not talk. =)

Big Sur is running stable on both my studio machines. I waited to upgrade until September when Motu finally got stable drivers for their MIDI interfaces. Everything is purring along now after the updates. Only thing I cannot use easily is the Stylus RMX Rex convertor and Virus TI plugin. I think Stylus is workable and Access is pretty much a lost cause at this point. TI plugin has been broken since Mojave. =/ Every other plugin and software dependency for me are good to go. I had not issues on all the recent projects I did for TI10.

I now see why on my MIDIFX Route Out, why Apple support never replied to me about the issue I was having with when loading the plug-in, it always displayed 8 inputs, instead of 1 input.

Well in Logic 10.7, it now displays the corrent one input to select. So it was never my code. :mrgreen:

666510380_UserMIDIFXplug-insinLogic10.7.png.8409f115cedefa68cfa2356cfa94ac3f.png

To me as a developer, this means that they've focus more on AUv3 support now with Logic 10.7.

I'll check back but now I wonder if they support the following 2 items in a AUUnitAudio class now.

virtualMIDICableCount

MIDIOutputNames

Only thing I cannot use easily is the Stylus RMX Rex convertor

I signed up for the Rex API Developer Program to create an Objective-C program to convert my existing rex files to wav files for my M1.

I did talk with PropellerHeads developers and it appears the C Library that you use, is only Intel based, it's not ARM.

So the Rex convertor for Stylus RMX, it's not there issue but a PropellerHeads issue.

Once PropellerHeads has a ARM library, then Stylus RMX can update the Rex converter for ARM/M1 Macs.

This also explains why the Logic 10.6 and higher has no Rex support in it.

Step Sequencer Custom Row names!! :D

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 00.58.37.png

Yeah,

That one stood out to me. I was whinging about that from day 1. Just downloaded it. Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch:

"you have a pet halibut?"

"Yes, I chose him out of thousands. The others were all too flat."

LPX7 is as flat as aaaan halibut!

Step Sequencer Custom Row names!! :D

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 00.58.37.png

Yeah,

That one stood out to me. I was whinging about that from day 1. Just downloaded it. Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch:

"you have a pet halibut?"

"Yes, I chose him out of thousands. The others were all too flat."

LPX7 is as flat as aaaan halibut!

seriously, tho... isn't it less flat? look at the buttons again, there's a slight line around them, adding some depth. anyway, am getting used to it pretty quickly...

It feels like this new interface was designed to be used on laptops (or iPad?). Everything seems too small and there's a lot of gray empty space when viewed on my 27 inch thunderbolt display, but it feels and looks a lot better on my macbook pro screen.

It feels like this new interface was designed to be used on laptops (or iPad?). Everything seems too small and there's a lot of gray empty space when viewed on my 27 inch thunderbolt display, but it feels and looks a lot better on my macbook pro screen.

looks ok on my 21" imac (am running in 'more space' resolution, so small everything to begin with); i mean, been working tonite, and nothing feels awkward...