Logic Pro 10.7 Released

David Nahmani

To work around this until that bug is fixed, use Edit -> Repeat -> Multiple... (or the KC you defined for "Repeat Regions/Events multiple times") instead of Repeat / Cmd-R, and set "Adjustment" to any musical value (like, e.g. 1/96). This will make sure that the result of the repetition starts at quantized values.

I wasn't. Initially I thought that is because I used the current Cmd-R default "Repeat Regions/Cells" instead of the older function "Repeat Regions/Cells/Events Multiple Times…", which used to have issues with its Adjustment setting "Auto" (and bugs me by design with its need to confirm a superfluous dialog), but that didn't allow me to repro the issue either – all perfectly aligned here. Strange. Which step exactly does introduce the error?

It's tempo dependent. Try this:

1. Set your tempo to 138 bpm.

2. Set your cycle to exactly 1 bar.

3. Record a region on one audio track.

4. Command-R to repeat.

5. Command-U to set the cycle to the repeated region.

6. Create a new audio track.

7. Record on the new audio track.

8. Select all regions in the locators (Shift-L).

9. Repeat....

Do this until you have 5 tracks, and zoom in on the region starts.

To work around this until that bug is fixed, use Edit -> Repeat -> Multiple... (or the KC you defined for "Repeat Regions/Events multiple times") instead of Repeat / Cmd-R, and set "Adjustment" to any musical value (like, e.g. 1/96). This will make sure that the result of the repetition starts at quantized values.

Yes indeed, good workaround, that works (I just double-checked). Thanks! :D

What's the verdict on the new UI in 10.7?

I haven't tried Logic 10.7 yet as I'm stuck with 10.5.1 on my patched Mac Pro 2008.

I'm budgeting for a new M1 machine and wondering if I should invest in an external retina-capable screen to replace my current 2560x1440 external display? Or does the new UI look okay on a non-retina screen once you get used to it?

I like the new UI. Some of the small improvements are not evident at first, but the more I use it - the more I like it. I replaced my external display last year by upgrading to a 4K 29 inch UHD from Asus. It was only $300 and well worth it for the extra real estate. The higher resolution is great for video editing and viewing. The decision really had nothing to do with Logic 10.7 Like you, I’m planning to buy a new 16” M1 Pro in the new year, to replace my struggling 2014 15” MacBook Pro. With Logic, UA Console, and other plugins running, the CPU’s are maxing out, and swapping to the 1TB ssd is continuous, but worst of all the fan is always on hyper mode. The fan noised interferes with recording in my home studio.