Mac Specs that would benefit stem bouncing speed?

willmarlogic

Apologies if this is in the wrong area or is a dumb question, but are there any specific specs that helps with things like bouncing plug-in heavy stems, or an entire mix with 100+ tracks and many plug-ins?

(For reference - my current Macbook with 8gb ram is okay with playback with many tracks and plug-ins being used, but when bouncing these mixes or stems it heats up significantly and is extremely slow (as in 30+ minutes bouncing these stems.)

Apologies if this is in the wrong area or is a dumb question, but are there any specific specs that helps with things like bouncing plug-in heavy stems, or an entire mix with 100+ tracks and many plug-ins?

(For reference - my current Macbook with 8gb ram is okay with playback with many tracks and plug-ins being used, but when bouncing these mixes or stems it heats up significantly and is extremely slow (as in 30+ minutes bouncing these stems.)

There is no specs that would help you because the bottleneck is the hard drive. The hard drive is a serial device, not a parallel device.

I explained that here at this Thread

Even if there was a parallel hard drive, the current operating system doesn't have an API to support that, the maker of the parallel hard drive would have to supply a driver and an API to use in Objective-C/Swift code in order to use that parallel driver. In that case, Logic would also have to be updated to use that driver's API for the parallel hard drive.