starting up Logic Pro

FireCannons

Hello,i recently attempted to download a plug in and when I restarted my computer and loaded up Logic Pro the initial screen which was black is now white and everything on the track screen is lighter,,,,,not to mention quiter.i tried changing songs but I have the same prombem.i also removed the plugin from all folders so its not on the computer anymore.please send help,,thanks

I’m not too sure,,,,,it’s different but if it was just a new interface I would think VOLUME wouldn’t be an issue,,,,I don’t know dude.I guess what it boils down to is the interface is lighter and the volume is a lot lower.thanks fr yr help

Ok so those are most likely two unrelated issues. The interface looks perfectly normal, it's slightly changed with the new 10.7 version that came out only yesterday, so my guess is that is what is throwing you off.

Now for the volume difference, it's hard to compare the volume you're hearing today from what you were hearing yesterday I suppose. Is it a drastic difference, or more of an impression you're getting? Have you made any changes at all to the project? You mentioned downloading a new plug-in, which plug-in is it, and are you using it in the project?

Hi,,sorry bout that,,had to sleep.so yeah,,,I guess I was unaware that it was an update.loading logic I notice that it says 10.7.....ok so I tried to download the plug in ALTER EGO and I never used it because after I downloaded it and started up logic everything was different.so I ended logic and erased the plugin from my computer having never used it.i thought it had done some TO logic.when I started logic up again and listened to my song the volume was waaaaay lower.like on my audio interface my volume is at 6 and now I have to turn it to 10 to get somewhere CLOSE to what it was.having it at 10 is still not as loud as it use to be at 6.i haven't touched anything because I didn't wanna make it worse.im happy to know that the update is the reason for the color change but the volume situation is very bothersome.its not just THIS song.any song I upload has the same volume problem....thanks again fr your help

A plug-in can't really do anything to Logic, so I doubt that's the issue.

Check your Mixer, and check the Stereo Out fader, make sure it's at zero. Also go all the way to the right of the Mixer to find the Master channel strip, and make sure that fader is set to zero as well.

Start a new empty project, and load a few Apple Loops, and check that they play at the expected volume? Or open an older project, another one, and see if it plays at the expected volume?

so I checked the volume in the mixer and the master is at the same place it was prior to all of this happening,,,I also opened a new project and a new track w the same alchemy sound and the volume is still low.i tried adding a bass guitar track and THATS low.......then I uploaded a previous song I had done and its low.thanks for helping,,,,this is VERY frustrating

so I checked the volume in the mixer and the master is at the same place it was prior to all of this happening,,,I also opened a new project and a new track w the same alchemy sound and the volume is still low.i tried adding a bass guitar track and THATS low.......then I uploaded a previous song I had done and its low.thanks for helping,,,,this is VERY frustrating

Ok so the fact that the YouTube video or even Apple Loops in a new project are fine indicates the issue is in that specific project.

In that specific project then, do you see the volume hitting lower on the Stereo Out meter (if you remember your peak reading before you started having this issue)?

What kind of tracks make up the project, software instrument, external MIDI, Audio, a combination of those..?

the stereo out is barely in the yellow,at 5.8.both the stereo out and master faders are at 0.0(I never really move those).and all tracks are software instruments,alchemy to be exact....when I open up a new project, choose software instruments,and pick ANY plugin really, it seems that everything has lower volume.its not just the software instruments,,,,,my bass seems quieter as well.both when im playing and in previous projects. everything is pretty much in that 5.8-6ish range in the stereo out fader but it seems quieter.for lack of a better phrase,,its lacking the balls it once had.if anything I've had to LOWER the volume on individual tracks because it was too high.now it seems everything is lower and I didn't even DO anything.thanks dude