MIDI specification and practical Logic Pro Mapping

reachvargas83
Go to solution Solved by volovicg,

Is there some short and practical explanation of General MIDI and its mapping to Logic Pro X? I did not find any chapter dedicated for it in the books that are available, perhaps one of you know a source better than vanilla Google! I am intrigued by LSB, MSB, and how some .mid files pass instruments, expressions, etc., when imported into a Logic project. All I have used is the CC for sustain on keyboards that do not have a physical pedal. No idea about what else is there in the midi world for logic pro.

David, would you consider writing a dedicated chapter on MIDI and Logic relationship in the next version of your book? @David Nahmani

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
That is sort of like saying to microsoft.. can you write on book on the relationship between MS Word and the English language ( being serious here not sarcastic). This link is a great place to start to learn about the world of Midi. https://www.midi.org. You need to learn a little about how to form sentences, apply grammar rules, nouns and verbs before you start to understand how MS word can auto spell correct, apply font changes, underline words etc. The analogy would be to learn a little more about what midi is, how it works. Logic is very powerful midi sequencer and Logic exploits the full realm of midi functionality and capabilities. I know I probably didn't answer your question to your satisfaction - Learn midi first and as the light bulbs in brain go on as what you want to do with Midi, rest assured Logic will be able to do it.