Transitioning to new Mac - question on plugin presets and other Logic considerations

Nola111

Hi all,

I'll be transitioning to a new Mac in the coming weeks. I try and store everything I can in iCloud and Dropbox and rely on local storage as little as possible - all of my Logic sessions are stored in either iCloud drive or Dropbox so I'm already all set there.

But I've always let all my custom plugin presets for both stock and 3rd-party plugins get saved to whatever their default location is. To somewhat complicate things, depending on the 3rd-party plugin, I may have used Logic's preset system to save the custom preset, or I may have used the 3rd-party plugin's preset system.

My first question is what local folder(s) do I need to grab from my current computer to cover custom presets for any stock plugins? And then, does anyone know if there is just one place that even the 3rd party plugins custom presets typically get stored on the Mac file system? Obviously what I'm going for is trying not to lose any of my historical presets, but doing a full TIme Machine restore to the new Mac is also not an option.

Finally, if there's anything else anyone can offer that is crucial to consider for a Logic Pro user when going to a new Mac with fresh macOS install, please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Your user presets saved from Logic are in:

~/Library/Audio/Presets/

(Note the "~" means your user home folder.)

Other things you'll need include your preferences, your plugin manager tag database, Alchemy ratings - basically, check:

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/

There is a lot of stuff in there you'll probably want to migrate...

Edited by des99

Your user presets saved from Logic are in:

~/Library/Audio/Presets/

(Note the "~" means your user home folder.)

Other thigns you'l need include your preferences, your plugin manager tag database, Alchemy ratings - basically, check:

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/

There is a lot of stuff in there you'll probably want to migrate...

Awesome, thanks des99!