Logic Pro 10.7 midi bug when recording > 18 tracks

eakwarren

I manually arm all the tracks in my orchestral template which are set to receive discreet port/channel 1 input per track. (New in v10.7.) There seems to be an issue where arming > 18 (yes 18 not 16, weird huh) tracks causes midi to drop in other tracks.

In the screenshot below, no midi is registering in Trumpet 3 on down. Divisimate Port 19 comes in and the Environment monitor shows the note on, but the Scripter midi monitor on the channel strip isn't receiving it. Perhaps it's a bug? Can anyone else confirm?

852376121_ScreenShot2021-10-20at3_14_13PM.thumb.png.78aab90fec0f9e4090fa26e074068d53.png

I submitted feedback to Apple and received the following. They want a project file and support profile from Logic. Another user over at VI-C reports the same, but recording still works, so it only seems to only affect live midi input to the instrument.

I also prepared a 'bare bones' Logic project with just 32 instances of Alchemy, with no complex mixing or environment routing. Hopefully it demonstrates the issue clearly so they can squash the bug quickly! :wink:

Dear Eric,

I received the feedback you submitted for Logic. Thank you for taking the time to send this to us.

In order to investigate the issue you are reporting may I kindly ask you to reply to this email and attach a support profile (Logic Help menu > Create Support Profile) and a copy of a project file that will make the issue occur?

In case the project file is too large to be sent via email, please use a file sharing provider of your choice to transmit the requested files and paste the download link into your reply.

Along with this attachment please include as much detail as possible to explain how to reproduce the issue including which audio hardware you are using.

Thank you

Mike

Audio/MIDI Applications

Apple Inc.

• 4 months later...