controller assignments and midi feedback

simeonharris

this might be a bit niche and i haven't been able to find any discussion about it at all, so i'm hoping the logic hive mind might be able to help

i'm using a midi fighter twister to control an ssl native channel strip

i've assigned all the knobs and buttons and everything works as it should

but...

some of the ssl knobs kinda work in reverse (turn the physical knob clockwise and the ssl knob turns anti clockwise) and i can't change the cc values the twister knobs send out

no probs - just set the "multiply" parameter to -1.00 and the physical knob and the virtual knob now turn in the same direction!

but...

all the knobs that have multiply set to -1.00 (about 4 of them) don't seem to receive any midi feedback. as you move across the channels, all the other knobs and buttons change to reflect the state of the plugin on those channels, but those 4 knobs stubbornly refuse to change values.

i have tried almost every combination of values in that bottom right panel in the controller assignments window and nothing works

has anyone got any idea about why it's not working and how i might fix it? i don't really want to use a midi translator to reverse the knob values if i can help it.

cheers!

logic 10.5.1 running on mojave 10.14.6

Feedback is a bit of a black box really, it often depends on the control surface module you are using - eg in the case of the Mackie Control, the various types of feedback are handled in the module. You can't otherwise configure or change the messages feedback sends other than use predefined options, or use some other intelligent agent to intercept and modify the traffic.

You'll need to come up with a compromise that works best for you, I think.