Safely remove sound library?

Radiussound
Go to solution Solved by Alan Shields,

Hi,

I saw a video where a guy is removing the sound library via:

Apple Sign > About This Mac > Storage > Manage > Music Creation

Then he pressed Delete.

He said that this is a safe way to delete the library and if he opens a project which uses a sound that is deleted, LPX gives the option to download that sound again.

Is it a safe way to delete the instrument library and can the library be downloaded again easily?

Reasons for this:

-Wanna safe space.

-Wanna try it.

Thanks.

Use Logic Pro > Sound Library > Relocate Sound Library... then you can store the library on an external drive. Should give you back 70 - 80 GB of storage back though you may need to reboot to see it.

HTH,

Alan.

Thanks!

And if I don't wanna store my Sound Library on an external disk?

I am interested to be able to download all files individually.

The thing is:

There are only a few Stock Plugins I use. Most of the sounds come from External Libraries so I don't wanna have the sound library in its entirety.

I wanna know is, when I Delete:

Apple Sign > About This Mac > Storage > Manage > Music Creation>Instrument Library

.. Can I download it back again easily?

• Solution

Ah, now I understand. I thought you were saving space by moving them off your Mac HD. If you delete them you can see in the Library the items that are missing. There is an icon next to each missing item that will allow you to download that sound individually. I have done this before with newly released sounds when I didn't want to download the entire collection but just try out one or two new ones. However, I have never deleted the entire Library before.

Alan.