Re-installing Logic?

cricket
Go to solution Solved by fuzzfilth,

Hello

I am getting a new MacBook Pro soon, and I would like to know how it works to transfer Logic Pro X from my current MacBook Pro to the new MacBook Pro. I purchased Logic Pro X several years ago, but I don't have any record of a license key or activation key.

Thank you

When you log into Apple's app-store using your Apple ID, you will be very pleasantly surprised to find that you can legally install the software on several computers. (And, I seem to dimly recall that you could designate some of those computers as "no longer exists," revoking their licensure.)

Now, before you proceed, I suggest that you purchase an external USB-connected storage device, and relocate your sound-libraries and "other very big things" onto that device, so that you do not have to once-again spend too-many hours downloading them. These days, "multiple terabytes of SSD storage" now cost less than $150(USD) at any office-supply store. So, just go ahead and do that now.