M1X or MIPro?

kerochan

I have been away writing/recording material, not been on here for a while, got lots of work done by not updating/buying new gear!

Anyways, I come back and I see all these new things? whats the difference between M1X and Pro?

Why is everything so complicated!? anyways, I really will need to get a new computer within a year, if someone could tell me in laymans terms the difference between M1X M1Pro, which ss best for audio?

See the info - below. Nice layman summary.

It is always prices vs what features you will really use. I do want 32GB of unified memory so that will drive my purchasing decision for an M1 Pro.

you can take a look at the table below and see what it important to you and if it is worth the incremental cost.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/m1-pro-vs-m1-max-vs-m1-apples-macbook-pro-chips-compared/

So far the consensus is, without enough real-world testing of course, the M1 Pro should be plenty for audio and the Max better suited for complex graphics work.

considering that people here are thriving on the original M1, the pro should be awesome; am considering that myself. i think, if i were editing 4K (or, gasp, 8K) feature films, or doing a lot of CGI work, i'd go for the max. otherwise, seems overkill, altho (and this is just a guess), the max is so powerful that, once you wake your mac, it checks & answers your email, surfs the web, finishes your logic project... all before the lid is fully open.