When importing an XML from FCPX, is there any way to batch locate all the reference audio files?

TimeForMusic

I am working for a client who sent me a Final Cut Pro X .XML file with audio files to import into Logic Pro X to do some sound mixing.

Upon importing the .XML into Logic, I get the error: Could not find reference file followed by the path directory from the CLIENT'S computer (i.e, /Volumes/Client's Folder/Client's Folder/file.wav).

The good news: I do have all the audio files, and am able to manually "locate file" and relink it to where I have saved them on my computer.

The bad news: There are over one hundred files and the dialogue box seems to have no option to do a batch search for all of them. Every file, one at a time, wants me to locate it. My only other options are "cancel," "skip," or "skip all".

Does anyone have any good workaround to this? I imagine .XML file transfers happen all the time so I imagine this is usually done some other way that I am not aware of.

• 5 months later...