Potential Bug with Plugins that Use Popup Windows

88keys

I've encountered a rather frustrating issue with 3rd party plugins that use popup windows when running Logic in M1 native mode. Note that these plugins are compiled natively for Apple Silicon and otherwise do run fine. I've provided a screenshot of this issue occurring in Voxengo Elephant. It seems to not be limited to Voxengo plugs but since they do tend to use a lot of popups for settings it's a good example. I've contacted the developers and they claim that this is specifically a Logic issue - that everything has been implemented correctly on their end. I'll describe the issue.

When working in a plugin popup window, any additional popup menus do not allow you do select items that lie on top of the popup window itself. Attempting to click on such an item in the list actually clicks (and locks) on the popup window behind the menu list. So for example, in the screenshot below, "Mode Editor" is the initial popup window accessed form the main GUI. The "Alg" menu dropdown will allow me to select the 5 bottom items, but nothing above El-1 because those lie on top of the window itself. This is not a deal breaker for most plugins and I think we can agree that popup windows with sub dropdown menus maybe aren't the greatest approach to plugin UIs. Maybe. But it SHOULD work nonetheless. I just want to confirm this behavior and hope to bring it to Apple's attention. Devs say that this is a known issue but I cannot find references to it. If it is already a known bug, it has not been addressed by Apple in the latest Logic build.

1696054755_ScreenShot2021-11-10at8_22_48AM.thumb.jpg.d6e275c786b6a55a784c30930cd484c7.jpg