Audio Pops and Clicks When Stopping Playback - Sync Issue?

Tabasco Fiasco

Hi everyone,

Been wrestling with this for a while and not sure if it's a Logic issue or audio interface related (or both) but any advice on settings to try would be very much appreciated. Getting audio pops whenever I stop playback that are sometimes worse than others and sometimes the 'Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI' msg appears.

I've tried the standard troubleshooting - checked sample rates match, increased buffer size in logic and mucked around with options on the 'sync' preferences in Logic buit nothing seems to work. It seems to happen even if just one audio track is loaded and no MIDI parts or plugins are used.

My UA Arrow audio interface is up to date in terms of software / firmware.

My gear is: 2018 MacBook Proc / Logic 10.5.1 / UA Arrow interface / OS Mojave 10.14.6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks for the reply. Yes that's what I'm thinking too but I can't quite seem to get to the bottom of it. It's Thunderbolt 3. Do you have any thoughts? The only thing I can think that I've changed (it didn't used to do it) was add in an Arturia Keylab MIDI controller

Arturia is know to cause some minor issues with Logic (and most have been resolved with updates).

What if you don't use that controller and unplug it?

Unfortunately removing the controller makes no difference. The current session is only reading audio from an SSD so Arturia plugins not in use.

I've been trying to understand how a DAW works in terms of generating MTC and how the 'clock' works. Within my audio interface the only option for the clock is 'internal'. Within Logic it's also on internal and wondered if that was wrong? But I think that means logic is using the clock of the interface which is correct?

Ok thanks. So does an audio interface provide MTC too?

I think I've actually tracked it down to plugins causing the pops. It might be a combination of a few but I'm keeping ny eyes & ears peeled for it happening. I started a new session using software instruments with no problem. Bounced the tracks in place audio & again no problem. It could be a IK multimedia reverb or LFO tempo synced ring mod being sent to it. Anyway good news i don't think it's a Logic / Audio interface error...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Been wrestling with this for a while and not sure if it's a Logic issue or audio interface related (or both) but any advice on settings to try would be very much appreciated. Getting audio pops whenever I stop playback that are sometimes worse than others and sometimes the 'Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI' msg appears.

I've tried the standard troubleshooting - checked sample rates match, increased buffer size in logic and mucked around with options on the 'sync' preferences in Logic buit nothing seems to work. It seems to happen even if just one audio track is loaded and no MIDI parts or plugins are used.

My UA Arrow audio interface is up to date in terms of software / firmware.

My gear is: 2018 MacBook Proc / Logic 10.5.1 / UA Arrow interface / OS Mojave 10.14.6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

LP 10.7.1 pops and clicks when switching between channels in track stacks of 5-20 channels. It makes Logic unusable on projects with channel groups!

big sur 11.6.1, imac pro