Question about Native/Rosetta2...

blinkofani

Hi all,

Is there anything to do if, for example, you have a collection of plugins that were working under Rosetta2 in Logic and the developer later on release a native version of the plugins. Do you have to uninstall the version that was translated to M1and reinstall the new native version? I ask this because when setting up my new computer, Logic returned to native(the Rosetta2 check box was unchecked) and Waves plugins took a long time to instanciate but I'm on V13 that is native but those plugins were translated before on the backup I cloned and installed on the new machine. Hope that makes sense... Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Often running Repair in Central's settings will help fix many issues like this. If you have a huge Waves collection, though, be prepared for it to take a while.

Another issue that can happen with Waves plugins is two or more "versions" of the plugin are installed which can create some huge conflicts. To help with that you can always try run-in the Organise feature.