Issue when merging looped MIDI regions

Danny Wyatt

I have 2 sections with drums. They are both looped MIDI regions next to each other.

If I try to merge them, it seems that some notes from the previous region go to the next region.

If I instead convert the loops to individual regions (Convert Loops to Regions) and then merge, everything works as expected.

Here's the initial state (notice how there's no sidestick in that region):

1.png.9293c6871f867ee1936853b3dbd7e591.png

When I merge them (as looped regions), I get this (now there's sidestick that I only use in the region before that one, but what's weird is that it only adds those notes for like 2 or 3 beats):

2.png.03b521dd9cec3631f03e736a03770e0b.png

If I instead convert them to individual regions:

3.png.1c0e6bc542cc306a1149775fdce7c69d.png

Then I get the job done as expected, no sidestick:

4.png.de30632db2139addaf1a1b0b51b4d159.png

Is there an explanation to why this happens? It seems that somehow the regions are "overlapping", but I have it set to No Overlap anyway.

NOTE: Don't know if this is relevant or not... those loops were created using the mouse by dragging the edges of the region, not by using the shortcut (which will loop the region forever until it reaches another region). In this case if I delete the "next" region, the "previous" region doesn't "auto-loop, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I've never experienced this so I was wondering if this is just a bug...?