BPM changes impossible

Artiquarius

Tried for hours to increase the speed of my project but failed. ( not for the first time with Logic ) Why is it always so difficult. Watched tons of videos which shows the speed of the tempo simply being changed after double clicking but it doesn't work for me. It always says multiple tempo events detected and that is as far as I get.

Yes I am often guilty of playing and then trying to sort out the bpm later so this time I recorded everything to a click track to make life easier but still have the same problem.

What I have is :- a track using Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic,( which I bounced in place so it has become an audio file ) I also have a piano ( again bounced in place ) plus I have a drum loop from apple loops. Oh and I have a short reverse guitar of a bout three seconds, again bounced in place. So only four tracks all playing together quite happily to a strict beat which I just want to increase slightly in speed yet I seem unable to simply change the bpm counter as it either keeps saying it has detected multiple tempos or it reverts back to the original after a few seconds I have been you tubing for hours and have tried everything but still can't get a resolution to this problem. I have tried using the tempo track for further editing as prompted but then the drums go out of sync and other methods such as using flex time put the piano and reverse guitar ( and maybe drums too ) out of sync whilst things like varispeed sounds awful at a 10% speed increase. I am at a loss as to why something so simple should be so difficult. After trying all day to change the BPM unsuccessfully I am tired and exhausted so any help appreciated. Thanks - BRIAN.

It always says multiple tempo events detected and that is as far as I get.

It means you already have tempo changes throughout the project, so in this case, best to open either the global tempo track, or the tempo event list, to visualize your multiple tempo changes and determine which ones you want to keep or delete and which ones you want to change.

Here's how to access the tempo event list:

561457361_tempoeventlist.png.3fa32ea1d22af47e257216e752136716.png

If you want only one tempo throughout your session, delete all tempos but the one that is at 1 1 1 1, then change that tempo to the desired tempo.

If you have audio tracks in your project, make sure you turn on Flex for those tracks before you change the tempo.

Let us know if you have any further questions?

Hi David, thanks for your suggestion but it doesn't work. As mentioned I had already bounced three of the four tracks so as they are now audio I turned on flex time for those ones. The 4th track is an apple lops drum track.

I deleted all the tempos except 1111 as you advised and immediately the drums went out of sync even before altering the tempo.

I tried it again with the drums also in flex time and got the same results.

The tracks are :- 1. Piano intro, 2. short reverse piano 3. Main guitar rhythm track 4. Drums The guitar track has been cut up in places and when I use the method you suggest each clip expands into the other one and creates a real mess so that's never going to work. I could join all the clips on the guitar track ( even though I haven't finished editing this yet) but the same problem still exists with the piano and drum tracks. Everything seems to stay in place but just gets longer as I turn up the BPM so all the clips run into each other ( or overlap if on different tracks ) I could I suppose re-line everything up again afterwards which is doable with only four simple tracks but some of my other music is complicated orchestral pieces and it would be impossible to line up everything in that scenario if the method you suggest produces the same results as I have just experienced. Any other thoughts ? Many Thanks

Hi David, thanks for your suggestion but it doesn't work.

Wait, not so fast! :lol: Reaching your goal is a process. We have to resolve different issues, one step at a time.

In my previous post I quoted one specific sentence of your original post where you described an alert you were getting. What I described was how to get rid of that alert.

Does that work? If yes, then we can move on to the next step.

Thanks Guys,

Tempo has always been my Achilles heel when using logic. Never really understood it and the simplest of operations have always been a pain. However these little tips are helping me understand it more and making it less daunting.

Thanks a lot, I will keep at it and hopefully it will all be a piece of cake one day. Regards BRIAN.