10.7.1 Crashing While Opening

okaykay

So recently updated to 10.7.1 and a lot of project files can't be opened. While loading up halfway through initialising plugins Logic will just crash unexpectedly. I can classify them under 2 categories.

1. Older projects with particular plugins used cannot be opened/crashed. In Plug-in Manager, these plugins (I counted Soundtoys, Slate, sonible) are shown 'validation crashed' and rescanning them yields the same result. I read somewhere that I need to update both the plugin versions and iLok Manager to the latest, but it didn't solve the problem. I don't think iLok Manager even has a latest version.

2. New projects done in 10.7.1 that just crashed indiscriminately despite using none of the plugins mentioned above. I could open them for a while but now it's just totally unusable.

First time updating LPX on my machine since I had my Mac a couple of years ago (big mistake I know), so no idea how to troubleshoot them.

Not much you can do if you haven’t saved an older version of logic before updating. Everyone should get into that. You can ask someone who has an older version of logic to open your project and export tracks for you if it’s important. Updating will always be problematic and frightening for the professional world. Beside preserving older versions of logic for compatibility with older projects, you can future proof by exporting all audio tracks and save somewhere, or just finish your songs. :)

When logic crashes it comes up with a crash log and if you just read through it you can spot the offending third-party plug-in usually. You would have to disable or remove it for now.

When logic crashes it comes up with a crash log and if you just read through it you can spot the offending third-party plug-in usually. You would have to disable or remove it for now.

Thanks. How do I disable it? I suppose it's through Plug-in Manager but it doesn't seem to disable it.

Thanks. How do I disable it? I suppose it's through Plug-in Manager but it doesn't seem to disable it.

You can just move the offending plugs from Library/Audio/Plugins/Components folder to test.