Instruments record but not the microphone

Wazupp
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hello everyone. I am having some trouble with something.

I use Logic Pro X and i a focusrite scarlet sound card. I am quite inexperienced in the ways of recording and I do it all myself. And forgive my lack of knowledge when it comes to the names of everything.

My problem is very strange. I can record my guitar and put an effect on it without complications. The signal is clearly there. And when I switch to the microphone, i do this manually without switching source, I click on the blue microphone icon, with same exact options as the guitar icon which is also on audio. And when I plug the mic in it also receives signal, but the suddenly when I try to use an effect all signal fails. And it says that there is “no input source selected” I’m at all certain as to what this means, and why it only happens with the, Voice, effects. I think I first noticed this when Logic Pro X was updated. Today I sang right into no effect and it recorded right on and then later added an effect. But it is getting tiresome.

I thank anyone for reading this and possibly helping. I know I’m kinda an idiot when it comes to technology. But I’m learning, please have patience.

• Solution
And it says that there is “no input source selected”

If that's an alert that is opened by Logic then it means you don't have an input selected at the top of the channel strip that is Record-enabled. In that case, click the Input slot on the channel strip, and choose the input number on your interface where your mic is connected:

No-input-source-selected.png.f46baf1f1f1dedf7a7212f291418c238.png