Logic records random midi events in tracks that aren’t armed

edocura

This has been happening for a while but I figured I’d ask now.

I have 2 tracks that I’m recording - 1 for my j48 DI and one for my amp. I’ve been tracking section by section through a song. Each section is 2 tracks (I duplicate them for each new section). Everything seems to be ok, but I get random midi events recorded at the same time on earlier tracks.

Check out the screenshot to see what I mean (I may be using incorrect terminology). The bottom two tracks are armed, but the previous 2 aren’t. I did a take on the 2 tracks and recorded the audio. Once I stopped, I noticed that the green region was added to the previous di track.

Looks like it’s full of sysex messages and the info in the event viewer has “ta horng musical inst.” something is sending this but no idea why, or why it’s always the previous sections di track, or why the midi region different lengths every time, etc. I didn’t even know you could record midi over an audio track.

Any ideas?

7ED05E31-629E-454B-9938-9EBD6436237E.thumb.jpeg.1706e8fe2537ee45a1db4b031ce62dcd.jpeg

Looks like the axefx may be the culprit. I’ve been reading other forums where it can send some weird midi messages and has the same ta horng ID and such.

I’m still really confused about how it can record midi messages over and audio track that’s not even armed. How does that work?