Create a new track *directly* below selected track when working with track stacks?

wing

There's something that's been bugging me for awhile now. According to Apple, to create a track below a selected track you right-click in the track header and choose the track type and it will create that track directly below. In a basic session with plain tracks, this works as expected.

But when working with track stacks / summing folders, I've noticed it always forces the new track down to the bottom of the stack. This bugs me when I have a lot of tracks and my vertical height is zoomed in, I can't actually see where it put the track and I have to scroll down to drag it up.

Is this a preference setting? A bug? A feature request to make? Thanks!

Seems like a bug, yes. You can instead use the New Track with Duplicate Settings button (or key command Cmd-D) to achieve what you want.

Yep that's been my workaround for now, though sometimes I don't want to take all the plugins/sends/etc on a track with me. I mean it's minor and easy enough to remove, but it would be nice to not have to. I'll send a bug report to Apple!