Recording Input Guitar

Piranha Kiss

Hello, I just joined the community.

When I create a new track, now my guitar playback level and wave is almost non existent after recording. There is a very faint wave and volume. There is a strong input level showing while recording. I use the PreSonus 22VSL interface. Midi, drummer and loop track volume are all great. A previous guitar track I recorded on the same song was great. I cannot see a difference between one guitar track to another. Not sure where my settings got adjusted. I searched the forums but could not find a similar question. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Logic has no effect on your recording level, which is determined at the source and with the gain knob / setting of your audio interface.

But before we go any further: at what level is your recording peaking?

Not sure what you mean. The present loudest instrument, the overall song, or the guitar level?

Logic has no effect on your recording level, which is determined at the source and with the gain knob / setting of your audio interface.

But before we go any further: at what level is your recording peaking?

Not sure what you mean. The present loudest instrument, the overall song, or the guitar level?

The guitar level. During the recording the peak detector (at the top of the meters on the channel strip) records and remember the peak level of your recording. That's the info we need to determine if your recording level is alright or if it's too low.

The guitar level. During the recording the peak detector (at the top of the meters on the channel strip) records and remember the peak level of your recording. That's the info we need to determine if your recording level is alright or if it's too low.

Hello David. Sorry for the delay between messages. Work is getting the best of me.

The peak for the track that I am happy with is -2.0. When I make a duplicate track with the same settings, the peak is -18.8.

That is with the input level set at past half, more than what I had on the first track.

All settings between the two tracks seem to be similar.

The peak for the track that I am happy with is -2.0. When I make a duplicate track with the same settings, the peak is -18.8.

That is with the input level set at past half, more than what I had on the first track.

Are there any plug-ins? Are the volume faders set to zero? Can you take a screenshot of your Mixer showing those two channel strips with the meters active so that I can see the levels? How to attach files to your post

Are there any plug-ins? Are the volume faders set to zero? Can you take a screenshot of your Mixer showing those two channel strips with the meters active so that I can see the levels? How to attach files to your post

Yes, there are some plug-ins? Yes the volume faders are set to zero. Here is the screenshot.

1015286809_ScreenShot2021-12-09at6_20_54AM.thumb.png.ac651321ba2ff9beb9eef9cc612a060d.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello David,

I am sorry I haven't replied sooner, I am in retail and had a crazy two weeks work to get through Christmas. I adjusted the input gain as you have suggested and that fixed my problem. Thanks so much for your time and effort. I also just noticed that I have your book, Logic Pro X. I have the 2013 version and it was great. Is there much difference in your newest version that would justify buying that? Happy New Year!!! Jim