No longer able to bookmark folders

Musician-X1

Can you describe what you mean by "bookmark folders" because that terminology doesn't mean anything to me in regards to Logic...

Thanks for the response des. In logics browser I had the ability to browse to a folder and save it in the bookmarks tab for faster access later, sort of like a favorites function. Since 10.7 this feature seems not to work.

Hmm, which Logic browser are you referring to? The Library browser? Apple loop browser? Project audio file browser? Media browser? Something else?

Im referring to the "all files" tab in the project browser. The shortcut to open it is the 'F' key assuming you haven't changed that. So opening the project browser selecting all files and navigating to a folder on my computer such as the documents folder I should be able to right click and select bookmark folder. After that once I'm under the all files tab again I can click the bookmark icon with all the folders I have saved. Im beginning to think this is a bug.

Thanks - Ok, I see what you mean now. In 10.5.x (which I'm running here), you get a context menu item when you right click on a folder, which says "Bookmark ", and if you have bookmarks, a new Bookmark icon shows up in the browser.

So what's happening for you? You get no option in the menu to "Bookmark"? Or you save bookmarks, but the bookmarked icon doesn't show up? Or something else?

Not sure if it makes any difference or not but in the version I'm using the bookmark icon is always visible. The problem I'm having is when I navigate to any folder on my drive and select the option to bookmark it nothing actually saves or shows up under the bookmarks tab. I have a backup of version 10.6 and everything works as expected but after updating I seem to have lost the ability to use such a simple function.

Hi X1,

I am running 10.7.1 and the bookmarks seem to work fine for me.

Btw this is a useful feature that I never took advantage of before, so thanks for pointing it out.

I hope that you can get it working again for you.

After testing it out in 10.6 the changes I made seem to be working now in 10.7. Its a very useful feature indeed and makes logics browser a tad bit more tolerable. Thanks for the response Dox.

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem - I even changed computer a week ago and the problem persists. It's a new Mac Studio and everything has been installed from scratch without migrating from the previous computer, so I was hoping to see this feature working again, but it isn't. 

• 2 weeks later...

This may be helpful to others:

I discovered that when navigating to a location from a bookmarked location the bookmark option is no longer available.  Logic seems to create a shortcut or something to navigate to bookmarks.  When I went to my full system files and navigated through all the actual file folders the bookmark option was available again.  After bookmarking a new location, I tested this again and the sub folders within the new bookmarked location do not show a bookmark option unless I navigate to them without using the bookmark starting place.  There may be a preventive measure to stop the accident of creating a shortcut or alias that leads to another shortcut/alias.

• 1 year later...